Monday, August 25, 2014

Aspen Glow Quilt Along

The Cora's Quilts Aspen Glow quilt along is starting on 9/1/14 and I signed up.  It's my first quilt along ever (cyber or real).

These Bluebird Park fat eighths have been sitting around in my stash for a while, so when I saw there was a quilt pattern using Kate and Birdie Paper Co fabrics, I thought, "hey I should make that and I can use these."
This picture was actually taken a week ago- I finished cutting these into pieces for a lap quilt, though I am still working on the many little pieces of white fabric.

Believe it or not, I have ambitions of completing a second Aspen Glow quilt for our queen bed.  This does not mean that the quilt will cover the entire bed, because DH is sort of like a spaghetti spoon in bed and twirls everything - sheets, quilts, sometimes cats- around him as he tosses and turns at night.  But, I can certainly use it if this winter was anything like last winter.

So, here is the general idea for the fabrics for the second quilt.  Some Winter's Lane, a plaid called Honky Tonk Chili Pepper Campfire Coffee (!) by Moda, taupe fabric from the local quilt store for the background.  I'm probably not using the gray with white flowers for this one- but it works as a stand-in until the real fabric arrives.
I wanted something similar to the color choices in the winter color-way as described in the pattern instructions.  It should match the bedroom wall color, and I just like the mint, red, and white together.  One of my favorite color combinations.

I look forward to seeing what others choose for their fabrics!






3 comments:

Shelley @ Cora's Quilts said...

Welcome to the quilt along - so happy you're joining us!

Bluebird Park is such a gorgeous line - really, everything from K&B is awesome!!

Can't wait to see your blocks come together!

Shelley @ Cora's Quilts said...

Welcome to the Aspen Glow Quilt Along - so happy you're joining us!

I can't wait to see your Bluebird Park blocks come together - gorgeous!!

Shelley @ Cora's Quilts said...

Wow! You're so ambitious for setting out to make 2 quilts! Love your fabric choices and can't wait to see the finished projects!