Tuesday, July 23, 2013

July 23 Garden

An update of the garden:

Zucchini mania is in full swing. I will refrain from posting pictures of piles of zucchini on my countertops.  Yellow squash are the same- in fact, they seem to be winning the "no one wants them, even if you are giving them away" award this year.

The carrots are done! They are not that sweet, but handy internet research tells me that it is way tooo hot for sweet carrots.
A tour of the garden: some extra zucchini plants next to remaining onions and what were supposed to be garlic but instead are leeks (thanks Burpee :( )
 More carrots....

 Cherry tomatoes and a random cabbage.


The broccoli is done and removed.  Cabbages are still growing, but full of holes from bugs.
 Corn and sunflowers....
 Basil! Italian basil and Thai basil (new to me this year).
 Tomatoes.....
 More tomatoes...
 Cucumbers and zucchinis
Beans and more beans.  I know I planted asparagus beans, but the other two varieties will be a surprise.









No comments: