Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Late August

Ok, I'm finally caught up with posts for August. Here's some progress:
The pumpkin is maybe looking more like a Cinderella pumpkin (compare to earlier post)


I think I'm about to be completely swamped with zucchini. I now have three big plants flowering like crazy. Can't even leave them alone for 12 hours- the zukes will grow to enormous, inedible zeppelins if they are left unattended for a day.


The cantaloupe is coming along. Today I found two more hidden under vines.


The "extra" tomato plants I planted behind the second shed are making lots of green tomatoes. One of them seems to have mutated and is producing something that looks more like beefsteak or radiator tomatoes instead of the roma-esque Amish paste tomatoes:


And finally... in the spirit of the cool, overcast, damp weather we've been having this week, the peas have started coming up:

I decided I would try to get some fall peas, because the spring peas died while I was in Ireland.

No comments: