Sunday, September 14, 2014

Block A for Winter and Block B for Spring: Aspen Glow pattern

After I got the flu shot and then promptly came down with a bad head cold for a week, I finally felt well enough today to get a little piecing done for the Aspen Glow quilt along.

These are blocks A for the large (queen-sized) winter version of the quilt.  I really like the background color I'm using for this one.  It's light stone gray, but to me it looks like the color of my morning coffee, which is actually half coffee and half creamer.  The mint pattern is from Winter's Lane.

I also sewed through block B for the spring version (it's actually the autumn pattern, but I'm making it with the spring-y fabrics of Bluebird Park.
I had to use the flash on this one- it is getting darker earlier and earlier every day. :( At least the weather has decided to cool down to something more appropriate for September.

1 comment:

Shelley @ Cora's Quilts said...

So jealous of your cool(er) weather! We're still almost at 100 each day and the wild fires in nearby counties make it miserable outside! Makes it hard to get in the autumn spirit!

So fun to see both of your beautiful quilts com together!!