Thursday, March 5, 2015

When (work) gets in the way... E blocks for winter version of Aspen Glow

You can be most of the way through making blocks for a quilt in November, and then not get anything else done until late Feb/early March.

So, here are the "E" blocks, finally!...
...and here are ALL the blocks for this Queen-sized quilt:
I have to say, after making so many of these tiny pointy-blocks for this quilt, I will probably try to avoid doing something so monotonous and tiny ever again.
I did start to piece everything together.  One of my blocks with the white center is arranged above.  I had the idea of making the background fabric a bit darker than the original pattern, and changing some of the red centers to white, to make the quilt look more snowflaky. 


Note: I started this quilt in the early Fall, before Snowmaggeddon II this winter.  I really don't need any more snowflakes at this point!  Here's the latest batch of real snow from today: 6.5"


No comments: