Friday, June 26, 2009

Scary, awesome things

First, a cool picture of a nuclear-explosion-looking thunderhead forming on the other side of the Valley:

So, not to alarm anyone, but I found this in the "back plot" - my equivalent of a garden junkyard:

Yes, that is a ZUCCHINI. Already. Still small, only 3 inches long, but come back tomorrow and see how big it's grown....
I actually have 5 zucchini plants in the back plot. I don't even remember leaving that many behind when I left in May. They are thriving on total neglect- I left them, unwatered and unweeded, for a month, and they are going crazy. This just supports my hypothesis that in the event of an apocalypse we (at least in Virginia) could survive on zucchini alone. Of course, we may not want to- I only enjoy eating zucchini if it is disguised in other food (bread, deep fried, even cookies?).

No comments: